FPGASID - The ultimate SID replacement for your C64!
Why is FPGASID the better SID?
Many extra features on top of the original SID
- Accurate replication of the original SID MOS6581 and MOS8580
- Exact reproduction of the digital sound generation part
- Advanced models for all 6581 non-linearities
- FPGASID includes two fully functional SIDs for 6-voice stereo sound
- Perfect audio quality - much better than the original SID!
- Pseudo stereo mode mixes traditional tunes or game sounds to stereo
- Digitize the analog input to 8-bit samples (in your own software)
- Sample playback of 8-bit samples (in your own software)
- Nice light organ effect visible when mounted in transparent case
- Paddles readout even more accurate than the original SID
Easy configuration with the software tool ConfiGuru
- Works in any C64/SX64 or C128
- Works with any software written for standard single SID computers
- Works with large existing software base for dual SID stereo tunes
- Paddle and 1351 Mouse support
- Analog input EXTIN fully supported
- Individual configuration of every SID
- Easy- and Expert configuration modes
- Save up to two configuration sets permanently in flash memory
- Easy update to new firmware directly on your C64
- Diagnostic function to troubleshoot hardware problems
- Installation done in 20 minutes
- No soldering required for all main features (except external configuration switch, if needed)
- Much smaller than traditional stereo boards thus avoiding installation trouble
Click here for installation instructions and more information
We recommend our audio/video breakout cable for best results!
- FPGASID standard version includes all internal cables for use in a C64 or SX64
- To use FPGASID in a C128 you will need an extra cable. This comes included as well
- We recommend our 'audio/video breakout cable' to access all video and audio signals with standard RCA receptacles. Including the second SID's audio output for stereo sound