KryoFlux is a USB-based floppy controller designed specifically for reliability, precision, and getting low-level reads suitable for software preservation.
Included in delivery:
|Personal Edition Comparison
|Floppy data cable
|MOLEX / MOLEX cable
|MOLEX / BERG cable
Availability of certain editions subject to availability of parts, e.g. power supply.
The Personal Edition of KryoFlux comes without a software licence. The software (Disk Tool Console - DTC) is free for private, non-commercial use. Support is limited to our support forums. If you want support by email or phone, or want to use the software in a commercial or non-private environment (e.g. university, archive, museum, library), please get an institutional or commercial licence. Please contact us for a quote. We will cancel orders if the customer base record or billing address are associated with a commercial entity, institution or the like.
- Read at lowest level possible - precisely sampling the magnetic flux transition timing. Custom formats? Recording scheme violations? Encodings?
KryoFlux will read them all.
- Save as raw stream, or export to common sector formats supporting: Acorn Electron, Apple, Amstrad CPC, Archimedes, Atari 8-bit,
Atari ST, BBC, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, MSX, IBM PC, PC-8801, Sam Coupe, Spectrum, E-MU Emulator II and many, many
- Load raw dumps instantly in the emulator of your choice, e.g., but not limited to: WinUAE, FS-UAE, E-UAE, WinSTon, Hatari, STEem, Caprice and Spectaculator.
- Write back to disk. KryoFlux not only creates direct clones based on raw (STREAM) data dumped, but also supports fully verified "one-click" writing of ADF, G64 and IPF files, with more formats in development.
- Write blocker. Disable accidential writes by removing one jumper, impossible to work around in software.
- Parallel export support. E.g. An Amiga/ST dual format disk can be written as raw stream, an ADF and an ST file,
all at the same time during a single disk capture.
- Intelligent software allows creation of sector images for virtually all normal disks for systems
containing a generic FM or MFM floppy controller. Many other weird synthesiser sample disk formats should
work right out of the box.
- Read variable rate "zoned CAV" disks in a normal fixed rate drive.
- RoHS and WEEE compliant.
- High quality boards.
- compatible with USB 2.0 (high-speed) ports
- powered by USB interface (approx. 350-500mA); floppy disk drive requires its own power supply (available separately)
- Shugart (with extensions) drive interface; 34-pin dual-row header connector
- supports 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives, also works well with selected 3" (e.g. Amstrad FDI-1) and 8" (e.g. Shugart 851; might require additional adapter) drives; other types of drives and media currently under investigation
- connection of two drives supported using a dual floppy cable, one can be accessed at a time
- host software is available for Windows (Windows 7, 8 and 10 in 32 and 64-bit flavours), Mac OS X (Intel 10.5 - 10.11), Linux and AmigaOS 4
- also supports STREAM & RAW files with raw data for each cylinder/side stored in a single file - very handy for development and preservation
Download software here
It is unlikely but possible that certain models of floppy drives may not work with the board. We can't accept returns for a board not working with a particular drive when it does work with other ones that are compatible.
This product may only be used for lawful purposes.
Model: Rosalie, revision: D3/E
AC Power Cord:
This product will be in stock on Monday 10 October, 2022.